For young adults with autistic attributes; to support them on the journey into further education and beyond.
Our projects cover a broad remit, working both with people on an individual level and with groups. From personal development for high functioning individuals on the SENDs spectrum, to corporate workshops exploring new paradigms for business innovation. We also offer consultation in a variety of areas, from CSR and disability inclusion. to expert witness and advocacy in legal processes.
Check out some of what we do below or simply contact us to find out more.
Opening icon Pathways:
This project is linked to the Clock Trust's innovative research programme, examining the role of autism in industry, and how this misunderstood condition could bring a wealth of innovation to the inclusive and forward thinking enterprise.
Current Projects include:
- Time Academy: Young people are referred to us and undergo a programme of introduction to then join the team that meets on Saturday. They are mentored in social and emotional intelligence, to allow their innate skills to become viable in a work place situation.
- Workshops and inclusion skills: Working with both potential employees and those that wish to explore self employment opportunities. We build confidence in people with often genius skill levels in narrowly defined areas, to enable those skills to be utilised in the wider world, and for the people involved to gain an undreamed of level of independence and meaningfull inclusion in society.
- Tear Downs and Assembly Art: these workshops are targeted at lateral thinking and brain storming, along with a deep examination of values, both commercial and personal. This gives sapce that allows for the possibility of that epiphany moment to arise, and new visions of future possibilities to be seen. For manufacturing industry we can provide advice on sustainable design practice, along with business profiling to allow more sustainable use of materials, and a better understanding of the circular economy. The reclaim fun workshops is the 'junction in the road' for somebody to explore the big picture and where they can go. For some examples of what this process might look like in the real world, check out Ray Anderson of Interface carpets, or French Stationary company Pocheo
- Work experience: From the microcosm of inhouse antique and clock restoration to vintage Hifi repair, through to working in a growing environment such as a community garden or placement on an apprenticeship scheme, to entry into workplace. We also specialise in bespoke placements of individuals in both the public and private corporate world. Projects are tailored to suit the clients, both potential employer and employee, as well as exploring areas of growth and wellbeing for all parties. Again this can fulfil a corporate clients CSR commitments and impact positively both on the bottom line and give that critical edge in market competitiveness.
- Education: The Clock Trust SEND project focuses on occupational therapy, and has recently provided workshops for WSCC, via the OurSpace project, as well as Personal Assistance services and Short Breaks for families with SEND.
- Future projects: These cover a diverse range from the restoration of an 1860 heritage railway carriage originally built at the local Brighton carriage works, to the restoration of a 1930's Austin A7. The Innovation Cloud looks to facilitate four micro-retail units in the railway carriage, with capacity for up to 8 individuals a week to gain business and work experience.
The 1860 railway carriage project has historic merit. It was brought to the south coast for injured soldiers from WWI to have holidays with their families. It is also the earliest remaining example of its kind, the twelfth one produced and first class. In its modern setting, it will be used by young people the same age, on the SEND spectrum, who will be given the opportunity to show employers they are capable for work. This would almost be impossible by traditional routes and standard qualifications.
For more information please explore www.clocktrust.com or contact us via email